Monday, May 11, 2009

Kids from other countries melt my heart

Stephen and his older brother with his brother's elementary class in Korea - aren't they ADORABLE?!

--
My friend Stephen, who is part of GIEU Indonesia, has begun his field site experience already. He left last week (a week early) to spend a time in Korea with his brother. His brother teaches English over there at an elementary school. Stephen has been posting pictures on Facebook of his adventures and they look awesome! Looking at Stephen's pictures makes me want to move abroad and teach elementary English (and dance, maybe!) too! 

Depending on finances, next summer Sep and I have talked about teaching abroad - perhaps in the Czech Republic... so I guess it could happen! But Stephen's pictures of the kids remind me of how great it was when I taught dance at the elementary school in Grand Rapids. What a fun age! And it would be great to have that experience with children across the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment