Monday, June 22, 2009

Adventures in Tianjin

I have attached some more pictures for your viewing pleasure. The first one is of me making dumplings the other night. They arranged for us to work with the head chefs of the hotel restaurant to learn how to make dumplings. It was kind of interesting and pretty difficult.
















The second picture is of a foo dog outside of a really nice hotel in downtown Tianjin. We took a trip to the bookstore (so i could buy the Monkey King and a mandarin book) and while we were downtown, we walked past this hotel that had this cool looking foo dog! Reminded me of the lions that guard the entrance to the art museum in Chicago.















The third picture is of our new treasure! The other Americans who are staying in the dorm recommended this place to eat called Yummy Food. The chick who owns it speaks really good English and the food is TO DIE FOR (veggie pizza, fries, chocolate banana pancakes...). Ellen and I go there everyday (usually for breakfast) and it is amazing! the best part is that it's only a 5 minute walk from our hotel.













This last picture is of me playing with colored clay at TNU. Not sure why we did that activity but we spent about an hour and a half being kids again playing with slabs of colored clay. I'm wearing a "necklace" that Ellen made for me. She also made earrings but I'll save those pictures for later. We were a huge hit to the Chinese. Go figure.

Hope you all are doing well! Sorry I'm so bad with sending pictures. Now that we're done teaching, I should have more time to send emails.





No comments:

Post a Comment