Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pictures from lunch + more

For lunch after our tour of the Shi Family Mansion, we went to this place called the Green Era. It reminded me of the Rainforest Cafe except more natural - not as many mechanical animals. There are palm trees, live animals (birds and seals) and all kinds of flowers. Even the tables were each secluded in a mini bamboo forest for privacy. It was VERY COOL and I ate up every second. I guess they also have a microbrewery inside the restaurant but we had to leave before any of us could try the beer. Shame.






































































This is a picture of our group from today. I bought a pair of blue Nike soccer shorts on our last day at TNU. They have a little shopping center (store full of junk, basically) for the students to go to in between classes. They sell fruit, candy, knick knacks, household/dorm goods, clothes, etc. Because I was dying of heat waring capris in nearly 100 degree weather (with 100% humidity) I opted for soccer shorts to keep me cool. Now, I wear them all the time. They are so comfortable, I think I will wear them every day from now on. They are the best 15 yuan I have spent this whole trip! (Roughly $2.20 USD). Po and the other Chinese girls said that Thailand is going to be at least 100 every day if not hotter (well, they said 40 degrees celsius which I think translates into 100+). Uh oh. I am going to be very sweaty.
















Here are some pictures of some of our food we had for lunch today as well as a dragon fruit (I never knew what they looked like on the outside. But they're so neat!). I also attached a picture of these really cool hot pink plants that were growing by one of the streams.























































No comments:

Post a Comment