Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chinese produce at the market

These are pictures from the market I went to today. It was indoors and about 99 degrees inside with lots of flies but it provided a great atmosphere for pictures. There was everything from pig's feet, to fresh tofu, the longest green onions I have ever seen and even fresh spices. It reminded me of Reading Terminal in Philadelphia but smaller. Very cool and great prices. Attached are some pictures of the veggies and fresh pasta from the market. The variety of colors and textures of the fruits and vegetables was awesome.

I believe the eggs are duck eggs that apparently can "stay fresh for a long time". I guess the word FRESH is not universal. And I think the black things in the last picture are mushrooms but I am not sure. There were many fruits and veggies I have never seen before. But that made the market that much more adventurous!


No comments:

Post a Comment