Monday, June 22, 2009

Shopping Trips

Ooops, it's been a while. Here are some pictures from a shopping trip we took last week. I think the area was called "cultural street" but we weren't sure. It was about a 44 cent bus ride. I hope you enjoy!














I found lots of little presents and goodies here. All at great prices! You an bargain nearly EVERYWHERE in China! The picture of the fat pigs is for Philip. ha! It reminded me of something he would like. I think I will try to go back next week when we have some free time to buy one for him. Funny little thing.













This is me playing what I believe is called a "Chinese piano" - a harp-like instrument that lays down but you pluck the strings to make sound. There were little kids (like 5 years old) getting lessons right in the store when we went in. Hopefully we didn't distract them too much with our
fooling around trying to play the instruments.

We also went into a kite store right next door to the music store. I like the Kung Fu Panda kite - thought it was cute. And we call Cathleen's mom "Po" - the name of the panda from the movie. The kids were cool. All different sizes - much more interesting than Mackinac Kite company (no offense, Grand Haven.)


























Here I am standing in front of a replica of an insence thing that are usually found in front of temples.















And last is a picture of the carved trim on the sides of one of the stores. It's so detailed and intricate - and all done by hand. Amazing.



















This is a close up of a picture painted onto a 4 foot tall vase outside of a teapot store.

















Oh, and there's a picture of some statues in the middle of the shopping street. I'm not sure what they are because I coudln't read the inscription but it looked cool and made for a good picture.













This is the tea set Ellen bought for about $6 USD for the 7 piece set!













No comments:

Post a Comment