Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Monkey King

Here's my face painting from this afternoon. Most of us got our faces painted - some like emperors, warriors, etc. I was the Monkey King! (A famous story dating back to early China. Everyone knows it here.) Isn't it awesome? I have better pictures on my camera but haven't downloaded them yet. It was so fun!





This is me as the Monkey King (they didn't have a costume for me though) and me with the makeup artist who painted my face. He crammed my neck at this odd angle for about 20 minutes while he painted my face. When he was done, I pretty much just wanted to take a hot shower and soak my neck but the face paint was pretty cool. He was really nice and funny - even though we couldn't understand each other's language. Included are also some other pictures of my classmates who were painted and dressed. This costume team brought giant suitcases FULL of costumes and accessories for us to play with. Fake beards, hats, sticks, you name it. I can't believe we actually were able to do this. The highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment